10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE:
- Get copies of your credit reports and correct any errors.
- Review your FICO score, scores range from 300 to 850.
- Pay your bills on time, 35% of your score is based on your payment history.
- Set up automatic bill payments to avoid late payments.
- Pay more than the minimum payment when able to.
- Keep your balances on revolving credit accounts at less than 30% of your available credit. 30% of your score is based on what your percentage of available credit is.
- Don’t close credit cards, especially if they have been opened a long time, as 15% of your score is based on the length of time each account has been opened.
- Maintain a good mix of credit, including mortgage, auto loans and revolving credit lines.
- Don’t apply for too much credit, especially all at one time.
- Pay off credit card debt rather than transferring it from one card to another.